|Home||Back to Index|
Today I was working on refactoring several classes. I had some tests in place, but these were edging towards integration tests. The design of our persistence layer is a bit too coupled to a database. Because of this, the tests took more than a few seconds to run. After a few successful refactorings, I started to get some Level 3 confidence and made multiple changes before running the tests.
Naturally, four of the tests failed. I was reluctant to roll back all my changes, and it took me quite some time to get all the tests to pass. I was lucky, too, as every additional change I made increased the risk of further failures.